Beginning January 1, 2018 Tricare is no longer being managed by the United Health Care contracting team. The contract is now being managed by HealthNet Federal Services, LLC. In addition to new contractors. Please note the important changesbelow.
- Tricare plans have changed.
- Tricare Prime and Tricare Standard are now Tricare Prime and Tricare Select
- The past benefit year usually ran October – September*
- Now the benefit year withrun January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018
- Co-Pay, Co-Insurance, and Deductibles have been revised
- Co-pay levels are now determined base on if the service member was enrolled prior or after 01/01/2018
We have prepared the below table as a general guide for collecting co-payments. Please be sure to visit: https://www.tricare-west.com/content/hnfs/home/tw/prov/benefits/costs.html for a more complete list of all co-pay and cost sharing information that may be useful for patients.
*Since there was contract change during the previous benefit year of 2017, the benefit year ran a total of 16 months which was: October 1, 2016- December 31, 2017.